Raise a Glass to the New Year The Top 10 Most Affordable Champagnes for Your New Year’s Eve Toast
When it comes to celebrating a special occasion, there’s nothing quite like a bottle of champagne. But with so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the perfect one.
We will be brief, now New Year’s Eve is around the corner, so the games are done. But are you sure that, in addition to caviar and hotdogs, you also bought Champagne to make a New Year’s toast?
If by chance you are looking for a bottle of good quality, but at an affordable cost, here are some tips for last minute purchases. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 affordable champagnes that offer both quality and value.
Obviously we focus on mainstream Champagnes, easy to find and not products of rare artisan vignerons. You will not find natural wines, great watchmaking or niche works, let’s go to the great classics, without looking for excellence, but only solidity to make a dignified and serene toast
- Champagne Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label – A classic champagne born from a blend of Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Pinot Meunier grapes. Full-bodied flavor and fine bubbles. It’s perfect for toasting to a special occasion or pairing with hors d’oeuvres.
- Champagne Laurent-Perrier La Cuvée – This wine is a lovely blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes, and you surely appreciate its delicate and jazzy flavor. It’s a great choice for those who prefer a more subtle and elegant champagne.
- Champagne Ruinart Blanc de Blancs – A crisp, zappy and super light and compelling wine. 100% Chardonnay grapes. Costs a little bit more, but you can find it in many wineshops. It offers depth and flavors, saltiness and character.
- Champagne G.H. Mumm Cordon Rouge – A blend of Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, and Chardonnay grapes that focus on richness and a strong creamy flavor. Those who prefer a more robust and bold sparkling wine will love it.
- Champagne Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque – A luxurious wine made using a nifty mix of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunier grapes: its elegant and sophisticated flavor will seduce you. It’s a perfect choice for those looking to indulge in a high-end champagne. It costs a lot, but you can find it everywhere and it’s a home-run bottle. Consider it a bonus, a black swan.
- Champagne Pol Roger Brut – This classic champagne is made using a blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunier grapes, and is known for its balanced and refined flavor. It’s a great choice for those who prefer a more traditional bottle.
- Champagne Taittinger Brut La France – You can’t go wrong with this lovely and crafty blend of Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunier grapes. Floral, fruity, delicate and with a stingy salty profile. This is not a connoisseur wine, it’s a cheap and chic wine for people who love soft and more approachable Champagne.
- Champagne Möet & Chandon Imperial – One of the most popular champagne, a true warrior, a real sales champion. Made with Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, and Chardonnay grapes, it has full-bodied, nice minerality, share flavor and sumptuous scents of croissant. It’s a great buy for those who want a champagne with a bold and luxurious taste.
- Champagne Louis Roederer Brut Premier – Grapes: 40% Pinot Noir, 40% Chardonnay of which 10% vinified in wood (oak barrels) and 20% Meunier, benefits from an average of 3 years of aging on the lees in the cellar, to which is added a rest of 6 months after the disgorgement, to perfect its maturity. The flavors are complex and decadent, the creamy and buttery aromas are compelling and the finish is long and salty. Not too deep, but irresistible. The dosage is 9 g/l. It’s a perfect choice for those who want a champagne with a more sophisticated and refined taste.
- Champagne Charles Heidsieck Brut Réserve – I love the finesse of this wine made using a blend of Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, and Chardonnay grapes, and is known for its rich and fruity flavor. It’s a great choice for those who want a bottle of champagne with a bold and full-bodied taste.
No matter which of these affordable and solid champagnes you choose, you can’t go wrong. Each one is sure to impress your guests and add a touch of elegance to your celebration. So go ahead and raise a glass to the good times with one of these top 10 affordable champagnes. Cheers!