15 Must-Try American Beers for Your Thanksgiving Turkey Feast
Thanksgiving, a time of gratitude and gourmet indulgence, calls for the perfect beverage to complement the star of the table: roasted turkey.
This year, why not explore the diverse landscape of American beers? Each brew, with its unique character, can elevate your turkey from merely a dish to a culinary experience.
Here’s a guide to the 15 best American beers to pair with your Thanksgiving turkey, with flavors that range from bold and robust to light and refreshing.
1. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale – $10 (6-pack)
- Perfect Pairing: Herb-Roasted Turkey
- This classic pale ale, with its balanced hops and malt, brings out the herbal notes in the turkey.
2. Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA – $12 (6-pack)
- Ideal for: Spicy Dry-Rubbed Turkey
- The bold, hoppy profile cuts through the spice, creating a harmonious blend of flavors.
3. Anchor Steam Beer – $11 (6-pack)
- Best with: Traditional Roasted Turkey
- A pioneer of craft beer, its caramel notes and smooth finish complement a classic roast.
4. Sam Adams Boston Lager – $9 (6-pack)
- A Match for: Smoked Turkey
- This lager’s balance of hops and malt mirrors the smoky richness of the bird.
5. New Belgium Fat Tire Amber Ale – $10 (6-pack)
- Pairs with: Glazed Turkey
- The sweet malts in this ale enhance the glaze’s flavor, adding depth to each bite.
6. Goose Island Bourbon County Stout – $20 (500ml)
- Complements: Deep-Fried Turkey
- A stout with bourbon undertones, perfect for cutting through the fry’s richness.
7. Founders All Day IPA – $20 (15-pack)
- Ideal for: Spatchcocked Turkey
- A session IPA that’s light yet flavorful, great for the crispy skin of spatchcocked turkey.
8. Bell’s Two Hearted Ale – $12 (6-pack)
- Best with: Barbecue Turkey
- The floral hop aroma and balanced bitterness play well with barbecue flavors.
9. Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale – $10 (6-pack)
- Perfect Pairing: Lemon and Herb Turkey
- Its citrus notes and crisp finish enhance the lemon’s zestiness.
10. Stone IPA – $13 (6-pack)
A Match for: Jerk Turkey – This assertive IPA stands up to the bold, spicy flavors of jerk seasoning.
11. Yuengling Traditional Lager – $8 (6-pack)
Pairs with: Maple-Brined Turkey – A smooth, rich lager that complements the sweetness of maple.
12. Rogue Dead Guy Ale – $13 (6-pack)
Complements: Sage and Butter Basted Turkey – Its malty sweetness and herbal undertones match the sage’s earthiness.
13. Blue Moon Belgian White – $9 (6-pack)
Ideal for: Citrus-Brined Turkey – The orange peel and coriander in this wheat ale accentuate the citrus notes.
14. Brooklyn Lager – $10 (6-pack)
Best with: Garlic Butter Turkey – Its crispness and slight bitterness balance the richness of garlic butter.
15. Alaskan Amber – $10 (6-pack)
Perfect Pairing: Honey-Basted Turkey – The rich, malty flavor of this amber ale enriches the honey’s natural sweetness.